Premature ejaculation, or “PE” means coming to quickly. This is a problem suffered by many men. It is in fact the most common sexual problem, with 30 – 40% of all men suffering it. This is an article about how to stop premature ejaculation.
- Don’t have too much foreplay. If you want to have quite a bit of intercourse before ejaculation, it’s best not to turn on the person too much before intercourse. Sorry!
- When the male (who ejaculates too quickly) feels he is about to ejaculate, you can lightly pinch just below the head of the penis to prevent ejaculation.
- Let him put the condom on himself. This improves the chance of him not getting too turned on beforehand.
- There are some self-help excercises you can do to prevent premature ejaculation, or “PE”:
- Relax. This is the most important thing you can do. Have a bath, use deep-breathing techniques, or buy a relaxation tape.
- Tackle relationship issues. Be sure that your head and heart are in the mood for sex as well as your body. If you’re unhappy about something with your partner then sort it out first.
- Exercise your pelvic floor. Many men say they are able to delay ejaculation by squeezing or pushing their pelvic floor muscles.
- Stop and start. This is the most common technique used in psychosexual therapy. Practise stimulating yourself to the point just before ejaculation, then stop. Start again when the sensations have subsided. Repeat this three times. You should find the length of time before each stop gets gradually longer.
- Change strokes. If you feel you’ve gained more control with the stop-and-start technique, try changing your stroke to something less stimulating rather than stopping all together.
- Change positions. During intercourse, try the stop-and-start technique when the sensations become strong. When you’re more confident, try changing positions rather than stopping.
- Do not let this stop you having intercourse. Intercourse can be beneficial to some people.
- How to Cope With Your Maturing Body (Males)
- How to Perform a Testicular Self Exam
- How to Increase Your Sperm Count
- How to Recognize a Scrotal Hernia
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Stop Premature Ejaculation. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.