How to fill the Form: The Passport Application Form is Machine Readable. Please follow the instructions as follows:
- Use black/blue ball pen only
- Do not fill the form with pencils or ink-pen.
- While filling up the boxes, kindly leave one box blank after each completed word.
- Write clearly within the box without touching the boundaries.
- Adjust the information to fit within the number of given boxes.
- Do not write anything outside the box. Avoid over-writing
- Incomplete application will not be accepted.
Columnwise Guidelines for filling the application form can be had from here.
Where to Apply : For Online Registration, the applicant has to submit the print outs of the application form along with required documents to the respective passport office in the appointment date and time printed. Apart from this Passport Applications can be submitted at
An application for a passport may be submitted personally OR through a representative carrying an authority letter.
Some additional information you are required to know before you apply
- All original documents are to be shown at the time of submission of the passport application form.
- Attach self attested copies of all required documents with the Original Passport Application Form.Illiterate applicants should put only thumb impression in the box meant for thumb impression/signature.
- In case an applicant has stayed at more than one address during the last one year, he/she should furnish two additional photocopies of the PP form for each additional place of stay.
- Refer Fee Structure for the fees to be submitted.
- Refer Check List for the required documents to be submitted along with the application form.
Ref: [aforesaid article is based on the guide given on site of banglore passport office]