How’>http://www.wikihow.com/Reduce-Pimple-Redness-and-Size-%28Aspirin-Method%29″>How to Reduce Pimple Redness and Size (Aspirin Method)
from wikiHow – The How to Manual That You Can Edit
You went to bed with clear and glowing skin, but when you awaken, you find a huge, monster zit ready to take over your face! Hurry, get the aspirin! –No, not to soothe the headache you’re getting from imagining how people will react when they see this mountain on your face…Aspirin is an anti-inflammatory, so you can put it right on the pimple to reduce redness and swelling. Here’s how.
- Crush one aspirin(s) in a small plate, or even on your clean bathroom counter. Large, hard objects are ideal for crushing, such as your cleanser cap. Just make sure the cleanser is closed and then begin to pound away at the aspirin. Of course, if you have a mortar and pestle, use that! The aspirin should be a fine dust when finished.
- Mix the crushed aspirin with enough water to make a thick, somewhat gritty paste. It shouldn’t take more than a few drops.
- Apply the paste directly on the pimple and allow it to sit overnight.
This video shows how to make an exfoliating mask from aspirin. The aspirin is crushed when it’s already wet.
- Clean your face before applying the paste.
- An alternative is to make a mask instead of a spot treatment. This involves crushing several aspirin tablets, mixing with water and sometimes other ingredients (like honey) and spreading the mixture on your entire face.
- The active ingredient in aspirin, acetylsalicylic acid, is very similar to (though not the same as) salicylic acid, which is used in anti-acne treatments.
- Uncoated aspirin is easier to crush.
- Since you can absorb chemicals through your skin and the long term impacts of applying aspirin topically are unknown, it’s not recommended that you make a habit of this.
- Though rare, some are allergic to aspirin. Check to see if you are by testing the aspirin spot treatment behind your ear.
- Do not try this with other pain relievers. Only use aspirin.
- How to Get Rid of a Pimple
- How to Make Your Own Acne Treatment
- How to Get Rid of Acne
- How to Remove Sweat Stains With Aspirin
Sources and Citations
- ↑ http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080414/LIFESTYLES07/804140311/0/LIFESTYLES21” rel=”nofollow”>http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080414/LIFESTYLES07/804140311/0/LIFESTYLES21
- ↑ http://www.makeupalley.com/board/m.asp?id=43432958&keywords=aspirin” rel=”nofollow”>http://www.makeupalley.com/board/m.asp?id=43432958&keywords=aspirin
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Reduce Pimple Redness and Size (Aspirin Method). All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.