- “Author uploads the soft copy of the book to our site and provides some other information. This information includes how the author wants the book to be published (book size, binding type etc.) and the margin author wants from the sale of each copy of the book.
- The book goes through a technical review (Please note that it is not a content review. We only check to make sure that the file is going to print correctly as a book)
- After the book passes the technical review, a pdf is created and sent to the author to review and approve. PDF shows how the book will look when printed.
- After the author approves the PDF form of the book, it gets published on our store.
- The price of the book is determined as follows:
- Price = Production Cost + Author’s Margin + Our Margin
- Production Cost depends on the physical properties of the book (number of pages, size, binding type etc.)
- The various production options supported at Pothi.com are
- Book Sizes: 5″x7″, 5″x8″, A5, 5.5″x8.5″, 6″x9″, 7″x9″, A4. Apart from this, 8.5″x11″ (letter) sized books are printed by scaling/cropping to A4. Any other sizes can also be accommodated. Their cost and price would be determined according to the rates applicable for the next larger size.
- Paper Types: White Maplitho (default option), Natural Shade (on request), Coated
- Binding Types: Saddle Stitch (<>
- Color: B&W/Grayscale Interior with colored cover. Black and White Cover can be supplied, but that does not change the cost/price.
- Author’s margin is specified by the author while creating the book on our site
- Our margin is a percentage of author’s margin (currently equal to the author’s margin) or a minimum.The minimum margin varies for different cost levels of the books. For very think books (production cost below Rs. 100), the minimum margin is 30% of the production cost. For books whose production cost comes between Rs. 100 and Rs. 300, the minimum margin is Rs. 30. For books with cost above Rs. 300, the minimum margin is 10% of the production cost. If the cost of production is 60 Rs. for example, our minimum margin would be 18 Rs. If the cost of production is 200 Rs. our minimum margin would be 30 Rs. For a production cost of Rs. 400, our minimum margin would be 40 Rs.
- Author may decide not to take any margins, in which case we will take only our minimum margin.
- You don’t need to do all the calculations yourself. You can figure out the price of the book at various book specifications and author margin in our price-estimator.
- This price does not include shipping and packaging costs.
- When somebody orders the book, the author’s account is credited. Payment to the author will be made on a monthly basis if there is at least 200 Rs. in his/her account. Else, they will be made in the quarterly basis. We pay by direct bank transfer or through paypal (preferred mode for authors outside India) or mailing the cheque/DD to the author (courier cost is deducted.
- Authors can track their sales and earnings in the Author’s dashboard after logging into their account. The earning remittance information is also to be put up there.“
. It is also distributed so that retailers can purchase it if they choose.
There are no upfront costs involved i.e. you don’t have to invest any money up front to have your work published. When your book gets sold, Cinnamon Teal will handle the transaction and pay you the Author’s Revenue that you specified while submitting your manuscript. As a result of this purchase, CinnamonTeal will also earn a small commission.
However, if you wish to purchase additional services such as editing and cover design, those services will be charged individually.“