Have you gotten that feeling of denial when you found out that those guys weren’t talking about you, but rather your sexy friend? Every woman’s been through it before. Those days are long over if you’re ready to revamp your style and turn everyone’s heads. No matter what your hair color, body shape, or eye color, you too can become sexier today. But remember- don’t ever try to change yourself and who you are for someone else. It’s SO not worth it!
Inside every girl is a sexy beast just waiting to be unleashed.
- Get clean. Bathe at least once a day. Feeling and looking clean is crucial. Wash with a nice smelling body soap three times with a bathing sponge and it will smell great. Get out and pat yourself dry with a towel, and rub in some rich body lotion. You need to be soft and able to cuddle at all times, don’t neglect your hands, elbows, and feet. If possible try to layer matching scents on your body, such as soap, lotion, powder, and perfume. For example if you bathe with a citrus smelling body soap, try to wear a citrus-smelling lotion also.
- Practice good dental hygiene as well, this includes brushing, flossing and even mouth wash. Clean your tongue with a tongue cleaner or a spoon every morning for fresh breath. Get a check up and have your teeth cleaned often. Invest in a good toothbrush, water pick, and mouthwash. Always keep mints or breath spray on hand.
- Get groomed. Work with what you’ve got. But keep it neat and tidy. Trim finger and toe nails weekly, remembering to clean under the nail. No fancy nail polish colors are needed, but a simple beige color can play down any nail discoloration. If you choose to sculpt your eyebrows, get them waxed at a professional place. If you choose to pluck, try to stencil the desired shape using a stencil kit. That will help avoid over plucking. It’s not really attractive. Once every 2 or 3 weeks, have a pampering day, including a manicure, pedicure, facial, and bubble bath, even if it’s just a spa day at home.
- Style your hair. Make a trip to the hair salon. A new cut or style will make you feel sexy and confident. Having a change of hair color is nice, too. Go for something natural and not too dramatic. Deep condition your hair at least once a month. In the mornings, flat iron your hair or put it in a messy bun, depending on your style. Adding extensions or a wig can radically change an everyday look from “ho-hum” to “wow” to turn a few heads. Studies show that most men are more attracted to longer hair. This is because longer, glossier hair is associated with health; if you get ill, the first thing the body stops maintaining is your hair in order to concentrate on sustaining more vital areas. And in terms of evolution, it makes more sense for a guy to be attracted to a healthy girl, it’s become natural to be attracted to hair that looks more healthy. Get split ends treated for shinier hair and use heat protectant to prevent them from coming back.
- Create winning skin. Do a steam facial maybe once a week for up to 10 minutes, to open up your pores and get rid of blackheads and acne. To do this, get a bowl of boiling water and a towel, and just sit with your face in the steam, using the towel as a little tent/mini sauna over your head and the bowl. Doing it for longer then 10 minutes will just stress out your skin, which will just make it worse, so be careful. Wash your face right away afterwards with a cleanser made for your type of skin. Then rinse and splash your face with cold water to close your pores or, alternatively, get an ice cube and wait for it to melt a little. Then smooth it gently over your face until it melts; this closes your pores and prevents dirt going back into them. An alternative to this is to use a facial scrub to get rid of flaky, dead skin cells.
- Optional: Put on a self-tanner lotion for the face. (2 shades darker is perfect for pale skin types) Put a dime size on each cheek and one on your forehead. Blend into your complexion. Wait until dry, about 2 minutes, and wait about 30 minutes until you see results. The great thing about self tanners is that they last all day and you don’t have to reapply it like make-up. For darker skin tones, use a bronzer on the cheeks and lids for a more natural sun-kissed glow with lip gloss on the lips.
- Show your style.
- Invest in a good pair of curve-hugging jeans. Dark denim looks good on all body types.
- Pick some clothes that flatter your figure and that you feel comfortable in. There’s no point picking the latest fashions if you don’t feel comfortable in them. Pick clothes that make you feel like you.
- Wear lace-up flats or sneakers. Flats are cute and comfortable, two characteristics that you rarely ever find together in the shoe department.
- Wear jewelery that excites you. Find colorful, fun, bright chunky necklaces and bracelets, but if you wear lots of pearls and beads, don’t wear a shirt that has a pattern or a picture on it. Wear a monochromatic top with lots of multicolored jewelery.
- Black is sexy. It hides fat curves, creates curves and makes you feel like a goddess.
- Sexy undergarments. But don’t flash them. Be classy about it otherwise you look trashy. Try to maintain class as much as possible, while still being sexy.
- Take up dancing. Sign up for dance lessons with a friend, salsa, ballet, hip-hop, ballroom, whatever you like. You’ll gain confidence, and you will move more gracefully and sexily in everything you do, without even thinking about it. Health benefits are an obvious bonus. Belly dancing is also another way to feel sexy and confident.
- Wear make-up. Just make sure not to go overboard. Subtle is very sexy in the same way that less is more. Accent one feature at a time. For example, one day, put on lip-liner, bold red lipstick, and mascara. For another day, wear subtle pink or clear lip gloss, and wear eye-liner to make your eyes stand out. If you need help creating a look, a mall makeup counter or independent beauty consultant would be happy to teach you for free.
- Get-in-Shape. Create a workout plan. Crunches and lunges equal flat, hard ab muscles, lunges equal toned legs, and squats equal a toned backside. Running or jogging works all muscles of the body and increases your stamina. Plus, the hormones your body releases while exercising carry on through your evening activities to contribute to your new sexy attitude.
- Remember that if your workout goal is to lose weight, you’re going to need to sweat, and for an extended period of time. Lifting weights will help you drop pounds, since muscle mass burns calories increasing your metabolism. If weight loss is your goal, a good starting point is to do something that gets your heart rate up, like walking briskly, swimming, dancing, or biking, for 30 minutes, 3 times per week. Most importantly, make sure you are burning more calories in a day than you consume. This is the only way you will ever lose weight. If you exercise a bunch but then gorge yourself you will be more fit but still will not lose fat.
- Choose a work-out regimen that you enjoy. Hate running? Then don’t run. Try different activities until you find one that makes you happier than you were when you began. Then, stick with it. Give it a week or two; once you’re “over the hump,” it will start feeling like fun instead of torture.
- If you’re dissatisfied with your body, by all means, work on getting healthier, but remember that “sexy” isn’t a body shape. It’s an aura. So start working on feeling sexy now. Getting slim and toned can augment sexiness, but it can never replace it. Owning a Steinway isn’t the same thing as being a master pianist; in the same way, owning a “hot” body isn’t the same thing as being sexy. Learn to play the “piano” you’ve got. Work it and love it, and everyone else will too.
- Sexy doesn’t equal skinny. Men are attracted to all body types. Curvy women are sexy too.
- Remember to be who you are and act yourself. Try to be original and unique in your sexiness, not just a bimbo emulating or trying to be somebody else.
- Also remember, confidence is the key. Sex appeal involves a belief in yourself that you can and will appear sexy. Most public icons or even film stars carry their sexiness in their confidence. Even a simple smile shows confidence and appeal. In fact the starting point to sexiness starts with confidence.
- More than anything, be yourself. Being sexy is about being confident and comfortable.
- Be relaxed. Uncertainty and fear tends to have an aura. Don’t worry and enjoy yourself.
- Maintain class. Being sexy isn’t about wearing small or revealing clothing or behaving promiscuously; being sexy is about being comfortable in your own skin.
- Smile. It is absolutely crucial for you to smile; it not only makes you look confident, but it makes you look more approachable. It puts people at ease, and will make you ultimately make you feel at ease.
- It doesn’t matter if you’re larger than most girls. You don’t have to look like everyone else to be beautiful.
- Recent research shows that introverts are more outgoing when they have a friend by their side than when they’re only with a stranger. in fact, they can become just as outgoing as extroverts that way. If you need help putting yourself out there, bring a friend along, and live it up.
- If you like someone and they aren’t into your style, don’t try to imitate what they like. It will make you feel bad, and it won’t work for long. If he or she doesn’t like you for who you are then find someone else.
- Posture has a lot to do with being sexy as well. If you feel confident and walk tall, everyone else will think so too. Keep your shoulders back, and walk with a bit of a strut.
- Use perfume. Always smell good. Do not use heavy cheap scents. Invest in good perfume and go easy on it. Go for perfumes that smell natural. Don’t do the “spray in the air and walk through it” thing. This is a waste of expensive product. Purchase and Apply Perfume Purchase and Apply Perfume that fits you well.
- Drink plenty of water each day. It’ll help your skin, your diet, and help you feel great.
- Cocoa or Shea butter is really good for normal to dry skin because it makes your body smooth and soft. Face masks and good moisturizers are also good, be sure to get one that doesn’t clog your pores and matches your skin type.
- Martial arts, Pilates, Yoga, Tai Chi, and Ballet are good toning activities.
- Dab some clear lip gloss onto your eyelids for a sexy dewy look. Apply eyeliner to the outer corners of your eyelids, and on the bottom if you like it there, and just below your lash line, not on the inside rims, one coat of mascara, some blush or bronzer, and lip-gloss.
- Having a boyfriend or girlfriend whom you love is a good thing, but being sexy and single is good, too. Don’t obsess over your love life.
- Remember that beauty attracts beauty, confidence attracts confidence, and maturity attracts maturity. If you want a good catch, be a good catch. If you concentrate on your own happiness, happy people will find their way to you.
- Being very confident and having a high self esteem can help you to be more sexy.
- Nothing increases sex appeal like the color black. Just dab on black eyeliner, eyeshadow and/or kohl. Even using an eyelash curler and then mascara, or wearing simple black clothes works more than anything else.
- Red is also a sexy color. Go for some on your lips, on your nails and maybe in some clothing articles. It’s scientifically proven that the color red enhances your sex appeal, so use it to your advantage.
- Don’t be afraid to try out new looks. Make sure you feel comfortable in what you’re wearing, but don’t be afraid to experiment. Once you get settled into a look that suits you, you’ll exude confidence and stand apart from the crowd.
- Remember: You can be sexy without looking trashy! Make sure you don’t overdo it or you’ll look as if you’re trying too hard. Don’t feel as if you need to look a certain way to get attention, confidence is key to feeling great on the inside and looking great on the out.
Things You’ll Need
- Clothes that are sexy without showing too much
- Shampoo and conditioner that works for you (for damage repair try Aussie 3 minute miracle products once a week)
- Hair style that represents you and also gives you a sleek/sly look
- Make-up (only if you want to wear it)
- Nice teeth
- Good skin care
- Tan (is NOT that important, pale can be sexy too if you do it right)
- Accepting Change
- How to Get Lush Lips
- How to Look Like Tina Turner for a Fancy Dress Party
- How to Act and Dress Hardcore
- How to Put Together a Sexy Halloween Costume
- How to Be Sexy While Playing Sports
- How to Look Drop Dead Gorgeous
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Look Sexy. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.